Lilypie6th to 18th Ticker

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I Knew It

I've been a little worried about Brandon lately. Whenever he gets mad he drops to the floor and starts banging his head. His forehead. It freaks me out because he does it hard enough to leave bruises. I've put him in "time out" in his bed before because he'll keep doing it and his bed is softer. James and I have pondered if he might be slightly autistic.

For being a preemie, you'd never be able to tell now. Sure the first few months were rough, but his only telling fact was that he didn't start to walk until he was 18 months. Except for the head banging. He already talks better than Taylor and Kyra did at this age. He loves to run and climb. In everything else he's right on target.

I finally broke down and looked it up on the internet today. Turns out it is very common in children between the ages of one and four. It should stop by the time he turns four. They have actually done studies and it's been shown that children who head bang are actually intellectually superior to their peers. It can be seen as a sign of intelligence.

I knew he was brilliant.

No comments:

Lilypie2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie5th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie6th to 18th Ticker